BPET is an academy trust of 11 high-performing primary schools across London and Berkshire. We have a clear vision to deliver the highest standards of education, blended from the best of the state and independent sectors. We would be delighted if you would join us in delivering our exciting vision for the benefit of the pupils we serve.
We are delighted to have partnered with to deliver our School Centred Initial Teacher Training programme to those who wish to become teachers.
Teach First is a national charity who have been training teachers for 20 years, and are the largest initial teacher training provider in the UK. Teach First are committed to help all teachers to reach their potential and improve lives of the children in their communities; they have shared expertise from their Ofsted-rated Outstanding training programme to develop our high-quality teacher training.
School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT)
The SCITT programme is one-year long and involves a powerful mix of live training in class, self-directed study and one-to-one support. Our approach is to train teachers as individuals, just like we teach our pupils: individualised learning is at the heart of what we do.
The training will enable you to develop your skills in the classroom and it is ideal for people who are eager to learn on the job and make a difference in their community from day one. As a trainee, you will be interacting every day with pupils and working as a member of teaching staff in a school local to you. You’ll receive plenty of practical experience as well as subject-specific training and a deep understanding of effective teaching methods.
As we have teamed up with the , you have the opportunity to train in either one of the听妖精动漫 across London and Berkshire, or in one of the six 听across West Northants, Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire.
If you apply in October 2023 you will be in the classroom from September 2024.
- a鈥痵tructured one-year programme of training and support
- online and face-to-face training modules
- access to expert training materials
- the support of an experienced mentor throughout your training
- the opportunity to train in one of the 妖精动漫 or in one of the six
- at the end of the programme, you will gain qualified teacher status (QTS) and Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) awarded by
- after your 12 months of training, you鈥檒l start on a qualified teacher鈥檚 starting salary of at least 拢30,000. Pay increases after that are performance-linked and reviewed every year.
To apply you need:
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent
- To demonstrate sufficient knowledge in the subject you are applying to teach, either through your degree qualification, your A Levels or relevant experience
- Grade 4 (C) or above in English and Maths GCSEs, or equivalent qualification, and Grade 4 (C) or above in Science GCSE in order to teach primary.
Fees and financial support
You will be registered as a full-time student throughout the programme so will have access to student benefits and discounts, as well as a student loan to cover your fees.听Depending on your subject and qualifications, you may also be eligible for a bursary or grant to support you throughout your training. Find out more on this website regarding scholarships and bursaries: .
We encourage applicants to check on the .
How to apply
- Read the Teach First SCITT brochure (this will shortly be available to download)
- Check where the 妖精动漫 or the are located
- (you’ll need to create a login); search for Bellevue Place SCITT.